World

Croatia. An accident of a Polish coach. 12 people were killed

It is not known how the accident happened. According to the Croatian media, most of the victims are children. – 34 people were to be injured of various degrees – said Łukasz Jasina, spokesman for the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He added that all the victims were Poles. Croatian media reported about 43 injured people.

The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched a special hotline for families of victims of the accident: +38 514 899 414. This is a contact to the Polish Embassy in Zagreb.

– 11 people died on the spot and 12 died in hospital – reported Croatian Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Internal Affairs and the head of civil protection command Davor Božinović on Croatian HRT TV. He added that a total of 43 passengers traveled by bus, 32 people were injured, including people with serious injuries who are fighting for their lives. He also corrected the information previously reported in the Croatian media that most of the victims were minors. “There were no children on the bus,” he emphasized.

He also added that there are no people who would not be injured. Everyone is already in hospitals, under the care of doctors. According to the Croatian media, the probable cause of the accident was the heart’s falling asleep.

You can follow the special edition on Polsat News and on the home page of polsatnews.pl

Prime Minister: They are pilgrims from Poland

Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said that “they are pilgrims who were going to Medjugorje”. “I want to express my deepest condolences to the families of the victims,” ​​he added.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, added that the pilgrimage was “organized Office of the Brotherhood of St. Joseph, it left Częstochowa”. There were also pilgrims, incl. in the Masovian Voivodeship.

Adam Niedzielski, the minister of health, and Marcin Przydacz, the deputy head of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, will travel to Croatia on Saturday on the order of the head of the government.

“In cooperation with the Croatian rescue services and authorities, we are taking all possible measures to help our compatriots,” President Andrzej Duda wrote on Twitter.

“To the families of the victims of the coach accident in Croatia, I express my sympathy,” he added. The head of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs also expressed condolences to the families of the victims.

The head of the Ministry of Health announced that “together with the director of the LPR, we are urgently going to the scene of the accident and to hospitals where the injured Poles are staying”.

You can follow the special edition on Polsat News and on the home page of polsatnews.pl

VIDEO: Polish coach accident in Croatia. The death toll is increasing, many are injured

The bus fell into a ditch

The accident happened around 5:40 a.m. near the town of Podvorec. The bus was about to leave the road and fall into a ditch. As the Washington Post writes, citing Croatian police, the bus was about to skid. According to Polsat News, it is a bus with Warsaw registration numbers.

As Paulina Kovacevic, a guide to Croatia, reported in Polsat News, the accident report was received from one of the bus passengers.

Łukasz Jasina added that the Polish consular services and the Croatian minister of internal affairs are going to the site. Spokesman of the Police Commander in Chief, insp. Mariusz Ciarka added that two Polish policemen are at the scene of the accident in Croatia. They cooperate with Croatian services.

Croatian services are working at the scene of the accident.

Morawiecki: I spoke to the Prime Minister of Croatia in the morning

“I spoke about the details of the tragedy this morning with the Prime Minister of Croatia, Andrej Plenkovic, who assured of the full support of the Croatian medical services. I instructed our consular services to organize support for the families of the accident participants,” Prime Minister Morawiecki wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning.

Zbigniew Ziobro said that he had ordered the prosecutor’s office to initiate an investigation into the accident. “I have ordered that the District Prosecutor’s Office in Warsaw initiate an investigation under Article 173 paragraph 3 of the Criminal Code in connection with the catastrophe.”

The article is updated on a regular basis.

laf / index.hr / Polsat News / Polsatnews.pl / AP

read more

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button